2015 News Letters

DIABLO SEA BEARS NEWSLETTER

January minutes
February minutes
March minutes
May minutes
June minutes
No July Meeting
No August minutes, meeting held at Albion
(not enough members present for quorum)
September minutes
October Minutes and Special Notice

January 2015
Minutes from January 7, 2015

President Tom C. called the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.  Members attending meeting - Dan &Jeri W., Tom & Linda B., Bob & Judy S., Kevin & Margie P., Richard N., Bob T., Gary D., Tom & Audrey C.

Tom C. announced the 2015 new board officers:
Vice President: Richard N.
Safety: Bob T.
Treasurer: Margie P.

Tom thanked everyone for taking part in the dive club Christmas Party.  As usual great food and fun gift exchange, lots of laughter.

Tom asked Judy S. about membership.  She reminded us the club voted at the November meeting, that the dive club is celebrating our 40th Anniversary and all paid 2014 members will receive free dues for 2015.

Old Business: Bob S. bought a new fish scale.  Bob T. asked when the plaques [yearly awards plaques] should be brought in.  Tom told members to bring them in at the Feb. meeting so Tom B. can get the new names made for the 2014 awards:

Biggest Abalone - Bob T.
Biggest Speard Fish - Dan W.
Biggest Fish Caught On A Pole - Richard N.

New Business: Club needed to vote for the Sea Bear Award for 2014.  The members at the meeting voted. Tom C. will call all other members to get their votes.

 Tom announced we needed to schedule our dive calendar for 2015.  The dates have been attached [see the calendar page].  We will need dive masters for these outings.

Members did discuss changes at the Albion campground.  The State Parks [actually CalTrans] will be taking over half the campground to replace the bridge,  Richard mentioned camp fees will be going up.

Meeting ended at 8:00.   Next meeting is February.

February 2015
Minutes from February 4th

President Tom C. called the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.   Members attending meeting – Dan W., Tom & Linda B.,  Kevin & Margie P., Bob T.,  Tom & Audrey C., & guest Steve V. H.

January minutes were read and approved.

Treasurer Margie P. reported that she would be going to the bank on Saturday to get the Dive Club account signatures changed over from Walt P. to  her name. 

No report from Membership or Newsletter.

Safety: Check your gear. 

Web-Site – Kevin reported no change to the site. 

Old Business:  No old Business

New Business: Members discussed where the club will dive in the future, if and when the state takes over the campground. 

Meeting ended at 7:55

Next meeting on Wednesday, March 4th.

March 2015
Minutes from March 4th

President Tom Crist called the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.   Members attending meeting – Dan W., Tom & Linda B., Kevin & Margie P., Bob T., Bob & Judy S., Richard N., Tom & Audrey C.,

February minutes were read and approved.

No reports from Vice President, Safety. 

Treasurer:  Margie P. reported a balance of $1,770.98.   Margie also bought up it would be good idea to have another person on the account in case of an emergency, or she would be out of town.  Members agreed.   Tom C. volunteered.   Margie and Tom will get together for the signing. 

Membership:  Judy asked if new members joined the club, would they pay dues this year.  Yes they would.  

Web Site – Kevin reported no change to the site.  Members suggested everyone should go on the site to see the great pictures. 

Old Business:  Dive masters are responsible for measuring Largest Fish and Abalone.  We need more members to sign up for Dive Masters. 

New Business: Judy spoke about the August Dive.  The membership scheduled the first dive in August for the 7/8.  This weekend at the campground the big Kayak event will be taking place.  She suggested we change our dive from August 7/8 to the first weekend, if there were spots available.  Tom C said he would call Thursday.  Tom called, was told the campground was full on the 7/8.  They also told Tom that they had three spots in the D section available, plus several available in C-section.  Tom notified members by phone, Audrey also sent out e-mails to members. 

Meeting ended at 8:00.

Next meeting will be held at the April 10/11 weekend at the coast.  2014 awards will be given out at the meeting.

April 2015 Placeholder

May 2015
Minutes from May 6th

President Tom Crist called the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.   Members attending meeting – Dan & Geri W., Tom & Linda B., Kevin & Margie P., Bob T.,  Richard N. , Tom & Audrey C.,

April minutes were read and approved.

Vice President Report:  Richard had a report on re-breathers.  Also Roger and Nancy asked Richard to get a count of members going to the dive on May 8/9th.

Treasurer: No change, Margie hadn’t received her monthly statement.

Secretary/Newsletter: No report

Membership: No report.

Safety:  Bob T. reminded members to be safe while diving.  Four divers were lost the month of April.

Web Master – Kevin reported no change to the site.

Old Business: The members are still trying to find the Abalone scale Ron R. made.  

New Business: Tom informed members he had spoke with Doris P.  She let Tom know she had booked the Moose Club for Saturday, December 12th for our Christmas Party.  Doris will get back to Tom on the time.  The members would like it the same hours as last year.  Gift exchange - $20.

Tom handed out the 2014 awards:
Bob T. – Sear Bear of the Year
Bob T. - Largest Abalone
Richard N. Largest fish caught on a pole

Meeting ended at 8:00.

Next meeting will be at Roundtable Pizza in Benicia, June 3, 2015.

JUNE DIABLO SEA BEARS NEWSLETTER

June 2015
Minutes from June 3rd

President Tom Crist called the meeting to order at 7:30 P.M.   Members attending meeting – Kevin & Margie P., Bob T., Richard N., Tom & Audrey C.,

No reading of the May minutes.

Vice President Report:  Richard reported that Bob T., Walt P., Richard N., and guest were going to the June 6, 7 dive the coming weekend.

Treasurer: reported the new Balance.

Secretary/Newsletter: No report

Membership: No report.

Safety:  Bob T. reminded members to have a safe week.

Web Master – Kevin reported the site has been up dated.

Old Business: No old business 

New Business: Margie reported that she met Tom C. at the bank on Saturday, May 30.  Tom is now the second signature on the dive checking account, in case treasurer is not available. 

Meeting ended at 8:00.    No meeting in July.

Next meeting will be at Roundtable Pizza in Benicia, August 5.

Kevin P’s dive report – Memorial Weekend

Friday most of us arrived.  Kevin & Margie P., Tom & Audrey C., Bob & Judy S., Dan & Geri W. with Nancy, and Bob T & Deb.  Richard and Ann N were at their place in Fort Bragg.  We were not all able to camp next to each other.  We had our normal campfire gathering

Saturday the weather was unsettled.  It went from sunny to foggy to sunny, but with wind and whitecaps, no one went out. Dan & Bob T. worked on their boat motor.  Still having problems with it.  The ladies went to Fort Bragg for their garage sale spree.  We had another nice potluck and campfire.

Sunday was overcast and breezy again.  Bob T. and Deb left and Dan didn't take the RIB out so it was a quiet day.  Potluck proved to be the usual huge quantities of delicious food.  The campfire was lively again.

SEPTEMBER DIABLO SEA BEARS NEWSLETTER
Minutes from Sept. 5

President Tom C. called the meeting to order at 6:55 P.M.   Members attending meeting – Kevin & Margie P., Bob T., Richard & Ann N., Dan & Geri W., Tom B., Tom & Audrey C.,

No August minutes.

Vice President Report:  Richard shared Alex’s M.’s Eulogy.

Treasurer: Balance $+

Secretary/Newsletter: No report

Membership: No report.

Safety:  Bob T. Had a good dive, no problems, worked out well with two boats. 
   
Web Master – Kevin reported no change.

Old Business: No old business 

New Business: Richard reported that we have several dives left with no dive masters.  Members suggested they would determine dive master at the time of the dive. 
Also if members are planning to go diving next year on the three-day holidays, they need to call and make their reservations.  There were only a couple of sites left in the D section. 

Meeting ended at 7:10.   
                                       
Next meeting will be at Roundtable Pizza in Benicia, October 7th.

October Meeting had no minutes, as not enough members present for a quorum. Next meeting is November at Round Table Pizza, please attend for 2016 Officer Nominations and Christmas Party planning.  Elections will be held at the Christmas Party.

Webmaster@diabloseabearsdiveclub.org

Contact Us